In 2018, we launched a new look and feel to the pages of Minnesota Women’s Press. Now, it is a great privilege to bring you this updated digital content as a companion to our print magazine.
In addition to being able to showcase more of the excellent photography of amazing Minnesota women, largely taken by our managing editor Sarah Whiting, you will be able to easily find stories about the topics you care about.
- Click on the News & Activism menu and you will find clickable submenus leading you to a variety of story categories, like Green Economy and Policy & Politics.
- Our Community menu includes storytellers from Greater Minnesota, and Indigenous and LBTQ+ populations, among others.
- Our Self section contains content such as End of Life, Sexuality, and Trauma.
- P.O.V. refers to the multiple points of view we collect — in our letters to the editor, our Tapestry section, and our Perspective columnists.
- Our 2019 Directory advertisers want you to know about their women-focused businesses and services.
Our website advertisers play a huge role in helping us maintain the digital version of our magazine. We encourage you to support them and tell them you saw their ad in the Minnesota Women’s Press.
What We Are Working on for Phase Two
As with most things, this new website is a work in progress. For this launch we uploaded hundreds of articles and images anew, and this work will continue. Feel free to let us know if anything is missing or broken (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Phase 2 will consist of many additional improvements, thanks to sponsors and donors.
- Our Employment ads will be more robust.
- Our Changemakers list will go back to the first year.
- Our Action category will feature a round-up of resources and ways to serve.
- Our Events will include featured posts and stronger submission options.
If you want to support this growth, please contact email@example.com.
Soon we will announce our editorial content themes for next year, which we are calling The Year of 2020 Vision.
It is an exciting and dynamic time for women in Minnesota, and our magazine pages and website will reflect that every month.
Thank you for being a part of this time in history with us!