Editor’s Note: Many events are postponed in April because of the social distancing required to curb the spread of COVID-19. Please check websites for these activities prior to attending to get up-to-date information.
How to Support Local Performers
Among the groups hit hard by the social distancing requirements of a pandemic are musicians and actors who earn money with performances in front of audiences. Live streams are being set up to offer some entertainment options.
City Pages created a guide to options for support, including:
- Donate through crowdfunding sites like Patreon.
- Buy merchandise from online stores.
- Buy album downloads from Bandcamp and other sites.
- Springboard has compiled resources for artists and has expanded its emergency relief fund. Donate at springboardforthearts.org
- The Twin Cities Community Trust’s Entertainment Industry relief fund will disperse funds to members of the local music industry. twincitiesmusiccommunitytrust.org
4/25 — Minnesota Black Rock Coalition
Jazz punk group Black Velvet Punks, North Minneapolis hip-hop and punk rock group Blvck Madonna, post-punk rock group Hard Looks, and rapper deM atlaS present a night showcasing how Black soul and hip hop molds the roots of modern rock music. $15-$20; discounted tickets available for college students. 8pm. The Cedar Cultural Center, Mpls. Details: thecedar.org
4/26 — Feminist Authors
Artist and writer Glenda Reed hosts a reading and panel discussion with feminist authors Ann Bancroft, V.V. Ganeshananthan, Carolyn Holbrook, Ellie Krug as part the Loft Literary Center’s Boundaries & Border Crossings series. $5-$10. 2-4pm. The Loft at Open Book, Mpls. Details: loft.org/events
Right to Vote Exhibit
To celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the 19th Amendment, the League of Women’s Voters Minnesota created a traveling exhibit to recognize the organization’s mission and history over the past century.
The 12-panel exhibit has been traveling around the state. Some of the scheduled destinations in the coming months (please check for updates):
- May 1-30: Nemeth Art Center, Park Rapids
- May 2-June 30: History Center of Olmsted County, Rochester
- May 3-23: Woodbury Stafford Library, Woodbury
- May 27-June 30: Stearns History Museum, St. Cloud
- June 2-30: Murray County Historical Museum, Slayton
Details: lwvmn.orghttp://www.otc-certified-store.com/surgery-medicine-europe.html https://zp-pdl.com/online-payday-loans-cash-advances.php http://www.otc-certified-store.com/erectile-dysfunction-medicine-usa.html https://zp-pdl.com/get-a-next-business-day-payday-loan.php